About Mike Zecchino (zeh-KEE-no)
For 20 years I have been developing concise communications for businesses and non-profits. I draw on a diverse background including industrial engineering and creative writing to find effective ways to explain, promote and excite.
I have worked with technical companies for most of my career, both as a consultant and as an employee. I learn complex technologies quickly, and I have a knack for translating that information for audiences from novices to PhDs. I wear many hats to help my clients in unexpected ways. On a given day I may be developing a lead nurturing campaign, generating data for a technical article, scripting a video and shooting product photography.
I thrive in situations in which I can bring many skills to bear to help my clients succeed. I am equally comfortable working in a database or in a vocal booth.
You may not know that I...
- Hold a B.S. in Industrial Engineering (Penn State) and a B.A. in English (University of Louisville)
- Sang a cappella, played funk and soul, and was assistant director of a 50-piece Afro-Brazilian drum and dance ensemble (learn more here).
- Owned and operated The Nail Recording Studio from 1997-2015, producing over 30 CDs.
- Renovated three older homes from the pipes (and sometimes the dirt) up
- Helped re-design a biological scanning system that was later chosen to appear in the movie Avatar.